How to Make Your Outbound Lead Generation Succeed
When you are in the lead generation business, there are two main principles that everyone knows. They are inbound and outbound lead generation. Some companies use both, but most companies use at least one of these methods to generate leads.
While some companies have more success with inbound campaigns, others swear by outbound lead generation.
What’s the difference between inbound and outbound lead generation?
Inbound marketing attracts people to your company. This can be through SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, PR, and so on. Outbound marketing involves you reaching out to prospects. This typically involves email campaigns and/or cold calling.
Outbound marketing is important, because without it, potential buyers would not know about your services/products or those you promote.
How can I make outbound lead generation work?
Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools for outbound lead generation. There are multiple tools that can be used to find the right prospects. Tools like Bombora can help companies identify people who are searching for particular products and services, then provide the email addresses to help you reach these prospects. Instead of cold prospecting, you could also generate email lists through your content by asking readers to subscribe.
How to optimize your email copy.
The inbox is an exclusive place these days. With so many companies attempting to make it in, there are only a select few who can capture the attention of their prospects. There are some tactics you can use to increase the success of your outbound campaigns including:
- Your emails should be as personalized as possible. There are email marketing tools like Marketo that can help you add personalization to emails, but they are expensive. If you don’t have the budget for big tools, a little research can go a long way. Use social media to discover what your prospect is interested in and use it to launch a conversation or build a relationship.
- Make your message clear. Don’t beat around the bush. If you want your prospect to take a specific action, make it clear in your email copy.
- Always optimize emails for mobile. Most people access email from their cell phones, so it’s important that whatever you template you use is optimized for smaller screens.
- Use a friendly tone in emails. Keep them casual and interesting.
- Include a value proposition. Make sure your prospect understands that they have something to gain by taking the action you want them to take.
How to optimize your open rates.
Great email copy won’t help you convert more prospects if they don’t open your emails. Your open rate is arguably the most important metric you should track and work to optimize. To optimize your email open rates:
- Keep email subject lines short.
- Personalize email subject lines.
- Create engaging headers.
Test different subject lines to find winning lines that convert best.
Outbound lead generation can work if you have the right contacts, perform proper research and personalize your outreach.
Want to earn more for your outbound leads? Contact ArrowShade today to learn more about our network and payouts.